Tuesday 14 May 2013

Totally on track for today!

This morning started off with a flurry of organisation and housework emptying bins, doing washing up and generally having heads screwed on. Except Matt forgot he had a meeting from half 10 and had to rush out the door the second I got back from Tesco with a loaf of bread....

Anyway it is currently 13:58, I'm blogging and I've finished my silhouette cards! 

Shopping list:

14 count aida/ 28 count evenweave
Black stranded cotton
White stranded cotton (optional)
Seed Beads (optional)
Silhouette cross-stitch pattern

Gold mirri card (I recommend the hunkdory one as it's a nice, less garish gold)
C6 decal edge card blanks
Backing card: antique flowers adorable scorable in burgundy. 
Vintage photo distress ink
Blender tool

Large oval and large scalloped oval Spellbinders dies
Rectangular label die (I used a Xcut large dies die) 



I used a pattern from a vintage inspired pattern book that I got in a magazine at some point. There are many silhouette patterns available on the Internet, or just ask your friends. I have problems with French knots (I just can't seem to get them right!) so I decided to use seed beads instead to add extra interest and glamour. I just used some from a bag of bead waste my friend gave me a while ago, they're easy enough to find on the high street. 

When it came to putting the cards together I decided to keep them very simple, no fuss, just the framed stitching on a nice background card. I chose a burgundy colour with a deep chocolate colour foiling but black goes with anything so you can just run with it.

I cut all the bits out first. When it came to doing the frames I used the inner die as a template (as Spellbinders have a good thick border on them) for trimming the stitching down and attached the stitching to the card frame with PVA glue (red liner tape would also work) then while I waited for the glue to dry I inked up the edges of my cards. I mounted the label shape with PVA glue again (photo glue or double sided tape would also work) before attaching the frames with foam pads. 

Quick, simple, classy. 


Crafty hugs!!






No comments:

Post a Comment