Wednesday 8 May 2013

Butterflies at 10pm

I've had a card idea sketched out since the weekend but it's hard to heat emboss with a two year old under your feet. Last night Matt had his friend Alex around to play Magic the Gathering and as usual when it came time for Alex to leave they stood at the door talking about Dungeons and Dragons for an hour. I saw this coming and figured "why waste an opportunity!"

So I fished out my clear embossing ink, my powders and some leftover pieces of card.

Shopping list:
Papermania Urban Stamps Butterfly Trio (don't know the actual name, I got it in a goodie bag)
Centura Pearl Ivory (approx 11x7 inches plus several offcut pieces)
Linen cardstock (sage and mulberry)
Clear embossing ink (versamark or other)
Clear and black Papermania embossing powders
Teresa Colins fabrications live love laugh stamp
Other sentiment stamp (I used one from My Mind's Eye's Miss Caroline range)
Paper trimmer
Photo glue
Foam pads
Heat gun

First I took a 12x12 piece of sage green cardstock and started stamping the butterflies randomly attempting to keep spacing even. I stamped and embossed one at a time but it's up to you how you do it. I covered about 7 inches up the page because I wanted to keep some plain for mating and layering.

Then I took a piece of the mulberry (the same I used for the Faerie Poppets card the other day) and stamped and embossed the same butterfly stamp in the black. I actually did this twice but the other set came out much more ... Blurry? Shabby? Vintage? Anyway I coloured the failures in with slate pro markers and dusty concord distress ink and put them away for a later card.

I trimmed an off-cut of centura pearl (from some box making last month) to 11 inches by 7(ish) inches and scored and folded it in half to make the card blank. Using the embossed area of the sage card I cut a large base mat for the card, then after trimming the mulberry piece so it was actually square I cut a mat from the un-embossed sage for underneath.

Using strips of centura pearl and the mulberry card I made two long pennants (makes a change from ribbon) and using other off-cuts I created a layered sentiment and a sentiment for inside.

I then put it all together using 2mm foam pads for dimension.


Anyway this was just a quickie today as I'm a busy bee. Jumper is going well, nearly half way up sleeve two.

Crafty hugs!









No comments:

Post a Comment