Monday 6 May 2013

Faerie Poppets

After an extensive shopping trip at Hobbycraft with my dad he told me that a female friend of his was celebrating her 50th birthday this year and asked if I could make her a card. Being of an alternative persuasion we both agreed that fairies would be a wise choice so I fished through my ashamedly large stash and found my "Faerie Poppets" paper kit.

Shopping list:

X-Cut 10mm corner punch
Papermania 8x8 card blank
Large topper
Sentiment
Co-ordinating card and paper
Mulberry coloured linen card stock
Lavender grosgrain ribbon
Kanban dewdrops (lavender)
Paper trimmer
Quickie glue pen
Pink glitter
Pinflair photo glue and glue gel
Foam pads
Red liner tape

First I took the 8x8 card blank and used the corner rounder on the open edge corners, then cut two mats (one paper and one card) for the insert and card front and rounded the corners to match the card blank.

Then I cut mats to sit under the topper and sentiment from the linen card. Before stacking the topper I used red liner tape to fix ribbon around two corners. (the pips came away quite untidily and I needed to disguise the marks)

Then I mounted the topper and sentiment and picked out of some details in glitter using a quickie glue pen, before adding a matching ribbon bow and some dewdrops.


As I said, I'm rubbish at blogging so I hope this was okay.

As far as the rest of my to do list is going, the jumper has the second sleeve on the needles and I got some new bits and pieces for making men's cards and other more desirable card designs such as Forever Friends and more Boofle... I think I have a problem...

Anyway hoping to get back on top of things in the next few days, firstly I need to get a solid plan of action of what exactly I want to get ready for the next craft fair (two weeks today) then I need to learn how to better manage my time.

Happy crafting everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment