Friday 10 May 2013

Keep calm and carry on.

Today's blog features an unexpected card ordered by my friend Emily for her Dad's retirement from the police. This morning I took delivery of a bunch of kits by My Paper Stash and this one contained the 2012 gents collection including lots of greens and buffs. 

Taking from two sets (not a big deal considering I paid £9 for 64 sets) I created an 8x8 card.

Shopping list:

Papermania 8x8 ivory card blank
Papermania 3mm brads
Red liner tape
Photo glue
Silicone glue
Foam pads
My Paper Stash Gents Papers and Toppers 


The base mats are just butted together rather than overlapped, luckily I completely by chance cut the piece with tea pots the right width for this to work. Then after cutting out some of the toppers out I placed them on with foam pads and glue to create depth the two tags are held together with a brad then fixed on with glue gel and the bunting is layered with foam pads and attached to the string with red liner super sticky tape.

The insert mat is just on the side you traditionally write on and has been left blank so that Emily can fill it out to her hearts content. 

Another 10pm card... I need to stop making a habit out of this...

Crafty hugs!






No comments:

Post a Comment