Monday 29 April 2013

Be may not be over the hill...

But he has a damn good view!

The 14th of May is the father in law's 50th birthday and the younger of my two sister in laws has ordered a card for him. He likes steampunk and vintage stuff so it was pretty easy to knock something suitable up.

Shopping list:

Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Labels 1 (2nd and 3rd largest sizes)
Papermania Chronology Decoupage
Papermania 3mm gold brads
One other larger brad (I used a gold tone from a My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline set)
Tim Holtz idea-ology Paper Stash Kraft Resist dictionary page
Teresa Collins Fabrications Linen: Green Diamond (#FAB142)
Centura Pearl Ivory (or you could use gold mirri)
Papermania Chronology Designer Die-Cuts
Papermania Urban Stamps: Chronology Curiosity
American Crafts Thickers - Black Vinyl
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
8x8 inch ivory card blank (papermania again!)

Firstly I cut a 7 3/4 inch square mat of the Kraft paper and cut the long strip of leftovers to just under 8 inches long. Then I took the stamp and after vaguely applying ink I vaguely tiled it (I stamped on a wobbly surface really roughly) on both pieces.

It's all quite simply thrown together to be honest, I used a darning needle and blue tack to punch the small holes for the brads and just played around with the layout a little bit and did it all on a bit of a whim as we got a nearly £3000 gas and electric bill through today...

I used 2mm foam pads and pinflair photo glue for adhesives.






No comments:

Post a Comment