Saturday 27 April 2013

Actually knitting today!

After a bit of a wooly hiatus I've picked up the needles again to work on a summer pullover for my friend Sophie.

I'm also planning on doing one of these for myself after this one is completed but in a much more vibrant colour scheme.

I'm so far 4cm off of starting armhole shaping on the back but generally this piece has gone quite quickly and if I hadn't gotten wrapped up in my paper-crafting I could have easily finished this in a fortnight of dabbling. I'm hoping to get the back finished before Monday when I will, hopefully, actually be doing a card tutorial! I'm making a card to order for my sister in law to give to her dad for his 50th and my deadline for having it posted to her is Tuesday so I'm hoping the rest of my Spellbinders arrive before I start on it so I can do the best I can. (I need to do a blog about my Martha Stewart stamp designer too soon, will probably be when I sit down to do my business cards)

Anyway yes, jumper.

Simple stocking stitch design with lace details around the hem and cuffs worked in a DK weight cotton blend for a lightweight finished garment.

Recommended yarn: Sirdar Summer Stripes (60% cotton 40% acrylic)
Yarn used: Sirdar Crofter DK (60% acrylic 25% cotton 15% wool)

When we went shopping for the wool Hobbycraft Hull didn't have any colours of Summer Stripes so we both chose alternatives. Luckily for me both our alternative choices came in larger balls so we still got 15 balls between us for the two items (in a 3 for 2 offer, bargain!) and I'm going to have a decent amount of leftovers to play with! (Which is lucky!)

So long story short. I'm knitting a jumper for my friend. Have a picture of the finished item on the pattern with my W.I.P.


Crafty hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment